This what a “one day workflow” looks like
- One day studio contains 8 hours, excluding lunch and other break time
- The drummer of the band arrives first, as he/she needs time to setup and sound check.
- The rest of a band arrives approximately 1 hour later to setup and plug in.
- We have a sound check altogether, checking headphones mixes. This step can be skipped if the band plays acoustic.
- We will make some first takes before lunch.
- Recording basic tracks of a song: on average 1-3 takes per song. Energy and focus tend to disappear after 3 takes.
- After laying down each song, we choose the best take before recording any additional layers, instrumental solo or vocals as an example. Each additional layer will also need on average 1-3 takes.